To apply for the Google Ad Grant, you must complete the following steps.
- Before you apply, make sure your nonprofit is based in a country where the Google Ad Grants is available, and that you comply with our other eligibility requirements.
- Assuming you’re eligible, you’ll need to apply for a Google for Nonprofits account. To do this, you'll need:
- A gmail (new or current)
- EIN number
- Your official name (the one in your determination letter; if you’ve experienced a name change, please also provide this documentation)
- Your organization's address
- Type of impact (you'll fill this out in the application)
- 501c3 determination letter or similar document from the IRS/Department of Treasury (for TechSoup to verify; submit when TechSoup emails you)
- Cannot be a state level document nor a document downloaded from an online database such as the IRS or GuideStar.
3. Once your Google for Nonprofits account is approved, submit the pre-qualification form found in the Ad Grants enrollment guide.
4. After your pre-qualification form has been approved, you can move to part 2 of the application process. Included is a guide on how to link your Google Ads account and set up a few Ad Campaigns to be tested.
5. Once you submit part 2 of the google ad grant application and it is approved, you are all set with the google ad grant. From here, you can manage your ads on your Google Ads account.
If you are a Pro Plan member, check out the FAQ entitled: “I am a PRO member at PWI, how do I get started in applying for the Google Ad Grant?” for a specific look at the help we offer regarding the application and management of the grant.
If you have questions along the way, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org